Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts with the label Publish-NAVApp

Enable AL and C/AL side by side for NAV Upgraded Database to Business Central

Introduction: Now that NAV 2017 Database is upgraded to Business Central v14 (Refer link ), it's time to connect your AL Development with your Business Central environment. One of the issues with this approach is that NAV Database does not have the symbols generated. Pre- requisites : - Upgraded DB from NAV to BC - VS Code & AL Language Extension - finsql.exe - Business Central On-Premise with Windows Client Books & References: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/developer/devenv-running-cside-and-al-side-by-side https://olisterr.blogspot.com/2020/04/resolving-tenant-default-is-not.html Demonstration: 1. Connect VS Code to Business Central Database: - Ensure that in Business Central Administration > Development > Enable Development Service Endpoint and Enable Debugging and Enable loading application symbol references at startup. Enable Development in Business Central Administration  - Ensure that the launch.json file in your project

Resolving The tenant 'default' is not accessible error or Regenerating new symbols for Business Central On-Premise for customised Database

Problem Statement: Disclaimer:  This blog is only applicable for Business Central On-Premise Version. If you are stuck in the same issue, try this at your own risk.  I had installed  Business Central v14 (Spring 2019) On-Premise with LS Retail . In this, Business Central comes with a ready made setup to connect with VS Code. As I restored the DB given by LS Retail, I could no longer connect to VS Code. This could be a potential case of  Running C/SIDE and AL Side-by-side  or customising on top of LS Retail. Despite all the configurations being correct in project's app.json and launch.json, I could no longer connect to Business Central, I  couldn't download any Symbols  and I  couldn't publish any Extension  to Business Central.   App.json and Launch.json I checked all BC Administration setup for Development and it seemed to be perfectly fine. I had  Enabled Development Endpoint ,   Development Endpoint Port was 7049 ,  Target was set to Internal ,  Ena